Your journey to building a better world starts here!What We Do At PlexusWe’re excited to help our customers deliver products to the world that have a profound impact on people’s lives. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to network security applications and in-flight Wi-Fi, we help create products that build a better world. We’re a global team of over 19,000 Engineering, Manufacturing and Aftermarket Services experts that partner with our customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service.Whether you’re looking to start, make a change, or advance your career, find your path at Plexus and leave your mark on the world around us.
Why You Will Love ItEngaging in challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that support and inspire you to realize your full potential. A workplace centered on collaboration and integrity. At Plexus, we’re at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open communication and teamwork.How You Will Do It
As Life Sciences Systems Architect, you are a technical leader who drives execution of industry-leading life sciences programs for our global customers. You will be a key member of the Engineering and Sector Management teams, collaborate with Plexus leaders, business development, and product development engineering to achieve significant gains and high levels of customer satisfaction. You are a professional with a foundational education in life sciences, specifically in fields such as biochemistry, molecular biology, chemical engineering, etc. with a proven track record of developing instrumentation products for life sciences, or with an engineering background, experienced in product development for life science applications.
Key Job Accountabilities:
· Lead complex product development for life science applications, including concept development, system trade-off analysis, requirements definition, and evaluation of system performance for life science instruments and workflow solutions
· Provide subject matter expertise in the architecture and development of technological solutions; guide customers and internal product development teams
· Provide technology and market assessment for intellectual property considerations
· Stay up-to-date with life science instrumentation market dynamics and trends
·Partner with Plexus’ business development team; convey our mission and capabilities to help qualify and win life science opportunities
·Guide internal teams in the creation of compelling and customer-aligned project proposals
· Bachelor’s degree in a life science related field (e.g. biochemistry, molecular biology, chemical engineering, etc.) or in engineering
· Seven years as a technical or project leader of life sciences and/or medical instrument development programs. Experience working in a cross-functional environment e.g., engineering, scientists, operations, supply chain, manufacturing
· Demonstrated expertise in system design and architecture
· Fluency in molecular biology techniques, workflows and laboratory practices
· Thorough understanding of the supply chain and related costs
· Understanding of technical issues related to the life sciences market, with advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and software engineering, as well as understanding of optics, fluidics, thermodynamics, human factors and regulatory issues
· Understanding the life sciences market, regulatory issues, development timelines and business models
· Familiarity with 21 CFR Part 820, cGMP
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
· PhD or Master’s degree in a life science related field or engineering is preferred
· Extensive product development experience in molecular diagnostic equipment and/or instruments, analytical instrumentation, assays reagent kits, and associated software
· Experience developing FDA approved, or CLIA waived, medical devices
· Understanding and working knowledge of assay disposables/consumables and instrument interaction requirements
· Ability to develop and operate functional wet chemistry/biology lab
Experience in working with, or for, contract engineering and/or manufacturing service providers
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.